Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I Almost Forgot

to blog, that is. I was just about ready to head for bed--early tonight--and realized that I hadn't posted. So here it is.

I had the loveliest dream a couple of nights ago. It was just like a movie.

I dreamed I was able to travel through space and time through portals in the continuum. Every door could be a portal. I would get into an elevator, and when I got out, I'd be in a completely different place in a completely different era. Or those revolving doors--I would go into one in, say, New York in the winter and when I came out, I'd be back on my college campus in the spring. I had no control over where and when I went.

Anyway, in one place and time, I met a man and we fell very much in love. We were planning our future together, but alas, I had to leave the house. As I walked out the door, I stepped through a portal and ended up sometime in the future.

But something happened on that trip through time. I don't know what, but my traveling through time was done. I would never bend the space/time continuum again.

The entire rest of the dream was spent trying to find him, and wondering if he would still remember me. Finally, just before the dream faded, I did find him. He did remember me, and he had waited for me all that time.

Just like in the movies...

(Hey, beats the heck out of the eyeless ghoul who wants to marry me!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That actually does sound like a good movie; I'd watch it.

Maybe it's time for Becky to go get a book on screenplay writing? One big hit could put you in a new career, and a lucrative one at that.

Becky G said...

LOL! I did have one dream--it was a nightmare--that I told to my supervisor at work. He said I should try to sell it to Stephen King or somebody like that! One day, I'll get it blogged, too.