Saturday, January 17, 2009

Shawl Progress

It was a bit warmer today than it was yesterday. Highs actually got up into the 50s, whereas yesterday the high was only 30. I eventually got dressed and ventured out to do my weekly grocery shopping. It was gray and drizzly, and still a bit chilly, though I'm beginning to see signs of spring wherever I look.

Signs of Spring:

Daffodils beginning to poke their heads out of their winter beds.

I spent most of the rest of the day watching shows from my Netflix queue on my computer and working on Mystic Waters.


My computer chair is not as comfortable as my recliner, but it's easier to work on the shawl there because I can spread my pattern out on my desk. Speaking of, Abigail has just made my life so much easier. She posted a link to these Magnetic chart holders. I have two already, but have been unable to find more locally. I have just ordered three more. They will make my dealing with those myriad of charts in Mystic Waters so much more doable. I'm thinking I should have ordered 4.

I am almost back to where I was when I ripped the whole thing out. It's going fairly quickly, mostly because lace can quite easily become an obsession. In fact, I'm going to leave you now and go work on it some more.

Good night.


Saturday Sky:

6 comments:

Sus said...

Glad to hear that Mystic Waters is going along well. Hope the chart holders help!

Carol said...

I'm freaking out over your daffodil pic... spring is a long way off for me! your Mystic Waters looks fantastic!

Becky G said...

Sus, thanks. I'm sure they will.

Carol, thanks. Daffodils usually start blooming around the first of February down here.

Perpetual Beginner said...

I'm glad Mystic Waters is going well this time. Lace is easy to get caught up in, isn't it?

Opal said...

have you ever thought of using highlighter tape for your charts? it's not as bulky as magnetic chart holders and you get the added benefit of being able to see the rows above or below the one you're working on.

Becky G said...

Cindy, I can't believe I overlooked your comment! Sorry about that. Yes, lace can be easy to get caught up in. Obsessed, even.

Ask me how I know...