Friday, January 09, 2009

Good News and Bad News

The good news is I got to work today. This will be the first full five day week I've worked since--I think August it was. The bad news is, I'm no longer used to working five day weeks, so I'm really tired.

I didn't make it all the way through the game last night, either. I'm not a fan of either of those teams. In my case, who to root for depended mostly on which team I despise less. Florida won out, but only by an eyelash, so I rooted for Florida. I wanted to stay up for the whole game, but by the third quarter, I was fading fast. If I'd had today off, maybe I would have stuck it out, but as I had to work, I went on to bed midway through the third quarter. Cody stayed up and watched. He was rooting for OU, and I pretty much knew how the game was going by hearing him holler. At one point, I had to holler at him to quit hollering because I was trying to sleep. Well, I knew how the game would go once I saw how Florida's defense shut down Sam Bradford. I guess they didn't appreciate the arrogance of OU boasting for the last month about how they were going to hang half a hundred on Florida. Two measly touchdowns. That's all this Heisman Trophy winner could come up with.

I find it funny that of the three teams around which the Big 12 controversy swirled--Texas, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma--the only one that won their bowl game is the one who kept getting overlooked--Texas. Got overlooked in the conference championship. Got overlooked in the Heisman race. Got over looked in the National Championship. Got overlooked in the AP All-American first team. Got overlooked in the AP Player of the Year. All of those awards went to either Sam Bradford or Graham Harrell. And poor Colt McCoy got left out in the cold. I guess it just goes to show that in college football, winning doesn't mean a blamed thing.

No comments: