Friday, January 02, 2009

Knitting In Review 2008

I wasn't going to post one of these lists, because I didn't really think I'd gotten that much done. However, with the help of Ravelry, I realized I really had gotten quite a bit of knitting finished in 2008, so here you go:

By the way, it took me a little longer to do this than I had anticipated. As I was browsing through past entries looking for old photos, I got a bit distracted by this post. It recalled memories of happier times. Brighter days. But ah, let's not be morose. On with the post:

SOCKS: 9 pair
Favorite: Baudelaires


SCARVES: 26
Favorite: Branching Out

HATS: 2
Favorite: Pinwheel
SHAWLS: 4
Favorite: Rona


WASHCLOTHS: 7
Favorite: Ornament Cloth


Miscellaneous: 2 headbands I knit out of leftover yarn. 1 Calorimetry.

Total: 51 projects. Disclaimer: Half of them were garter stitch scarves knit from novelty yarn that were to be donated to charity. They don't take but a couple of hours knitting to finish one.

That's my knitting summary for 2008. My goals for 2009 are to continue to knit from stash as much as possible, and to try to find a sweater pattern and knit myself a sweater. This one will present a challenge. Not to my knitting skills, but to find a pattern that I don't think is just plain ugly. I do not at all like most of what is considered fashionable these days. I couldn't imagine myself wearing some of it.

I will keep you updated.

.

5 comments:

Sus said...

Wow! Looks like you've had a productive year, indeed! I'm not doing a year in review post (I can barely do any posts anymore), but I've really enjoyed reading others'. Once again, I commend you for all your charity knitting. Great job!!

I, too, have been looking for a sweater pattern that I don't hate and that's free (not that I won't buy a pattern, but I just feel that there's enough free stuff out there that I ought to like *something*) and so far I've been drawn to the Bell Sleeve Pullover (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bell-sleeve-pullover-2 ). Simple and cozy -- my main requirements in a sweater. What do you think?

Knit and fall back in it said...

Happy New Year, Becky! I hope you and Cody had a great holiday season. As usual, I am in awe of your knitting projects. I am still working on my sock yarn blanket. It's definitely taken longer than I thought it would, but it will be worth it when it's done.

Perpetual Beginner said...

You have had a productive knitting year!

As to free sweater patterns - have you looked through the knitty archives? Some of the patterns are quite strange, but there's a huge variety of looks, and I've had good luck with the things I've knit off their patterns.

Becky G said...

Sus, thanks! That sweater looks interesting. I'll have to keep it in mind.

Amy, Happy New Year to you, too! One of these days, I'm going to make a sock yarn blanket, too. I know it's going to take a while, but it's a good way to use up leftovers.

Cindy, I have checked some of the Knitty archives. So far, I'm not too impressed. I think I'm just too picky!

Opal said...

what an amazing year you had! i adore that rona shawl. now if only i could get over my distaste for written directions i'd make one of my own. :)