Friday, January 23, 2009

A Day Of Disappointments

I was disappointed that neither Talkin Cowboys nor the Lunch Break broadcast today. I consoled myself by watching this and this. And this.

I was sorely disappointed in the new Indiana Jones movie. I liked the first three, but this one seemed too cartoony. I know the others had supernatural elements in them, but they were at least believable. This one reminded me of some of those badly animated Japanese cartoons. It was just bad.

I was disappointed in my knitting. I'd messed up somewhere and couldn't figure out what I'd done wrong. I ended up tinking (that's un knitting for you non knitters out there) and reknitting a row and a half to fix my mistake. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I'm to the point that there are multiple hundreds of stitches on each row.

I was disappointed in the new antenna I bought for my TV. This one was supposed to be specially designed for digital signals. I was really hoping it would not only improve my reception, but would also simplify the convoluted mess of multiple antennas I need now to pick up all my channels. When I hooked the new antenna up, I could not pick up a single channel. Not one. Not only that, when I'd unhooked it, packed it back up to take back to the store, one of my old antennas was no longer working. I believe the problem is in either the co-ax or the amplifier. Tomorrow when I take the other antenna back, I'm going to see if Radio Shack has another amplifier. If not, I may just buy a whole new antenna--a different kind.

I was going to do my taxes, only to discover that Wal-mart no longer carries the tax program I use.

My mail carrier folded my Dallas Cowboys Star magazine in half before stuffing it into my mailbox.



On the bright side, someone gave me a gold dragon egg!(Click it , please)

Adopt one today!

But the dragon site I post to is down. What else can go wrong?

I'm really wishing I hadn't put that package of Oreos back...

.
.

3 comments:

Sus said...

I'm sorry yesterday was so disappointing. I hope today is better for you!

Carol said...

Yes... here's to a better day!

Opal said...

i didn't like the new indiana jones movie either. you took the words out of my mouth. too cartoony. *sigh*