Saturday, January 10, 2009

Divisional Saturday

It poured down rain most of the day today, which made it a perfect day to stay indoors and knit. And watch playoff games, of course. This weekend is the divisional round. I'm 0 for 2 on my predictions today, but secretly kinda glad the Cardinals won. I hope I do better tomorrow.

Of all of my LSU players from last year who went pro, two are still in the hunt, as of this writing. Those would be Early Doucet and Jacob Hester. I'd love to see those two meet in the Superbowl.

Cody was reading Sports Illustrated the other day, and there was a paragraph on some Colts defender. He was commenting on this article, and in the course of his conversation said, "As dedicated a Colts fan as I am..." I immediately guffawed, "Dedicated fan? You? You won't even sit down and watch a game!"

"I'm still a dedicated fan," he replied.

No child. You become a dedicated fan when you sit through every last second of a 44 to 6 thrashing, and still don't take your Jason Witten jersey off. You become a dedicated fan when your once Superbowl favorite team fails to make the playoffs, and you still wonder where you can go to get a star tattooed on your butt. You become a dedicated fan when you are not just there for the 13 and 3 seasons, but for the 1 and 15 seasons as well. Calling yourself a dedicated fan doesn't make you one. It's something you have to earn.

Knitting Content: I started working on Mystic Waters again. It's a pain having to go from page to page to read the charts, but I'm making progress. I worked on my Trekking scarves during the ball games. I needed something I didn't have to keep looking at a pattern to work on. Those fit the bill quite nicely.

Saturday Sky:

No comments: