Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Light Blogging

Though I have several posts rattling around my usually empty head, lace knitting has become the all consuming obsession.

I was watching a rerun of the old TV series CHiPS. Roosevelt Grier was a guest star on that particular episode. I don't know if they ever gave the name of his character or not, but I recognized him right away. Anyway, he's a big man, and he was driving down the highway in a tiny little car. I didn't get the make and model, but it was about the size of a Volkswagon Rabbit. He was speeding down the road saying to himself, "I'm so late. I told Mama I'd be there on time, and I'm late". Suddenly his car starts spewing dense, black smoke, and he says, "Oh, now I broke my little car."

Well, the CHiPs pull him over, and while they are writing him his ticket, he destroys his little car with his bare hands. He rips the doors off, breaks the windows, kicks the headlights in, pulls the seats out, and tears the steering wheel off--not to mention all the dents and stuff from kicking and hitting the car.

I don't know what it was about that scene. I think it was supposed to be funny, but to me it just seemed so sad. It started when he said that he'd broke his little car, and just got worse from there.

The whole scene just made me sad.

So here's a bluebird of happiness.

Taken this morning, looking out my back window.

5 comments:

Sus said...

Awwww, I want to give him a hug. Except he's apparently a fairly violent fellow... He certainly needed a hug, though, eh? Thanks for the bluebird of happiness chaser! :)

Bag Blog said...

Wasn't Rosie a knitter?

Dale said...

Yes Lou I was just about to say the same thing. Rosie knitted and did needle point! I remember reading a bit on him while he was still playing with the LA Rams. He was a mean S** on the football field but had hands that were gentle enough to do needle point. I think he may have even done a little dance as well!

Hey, Becky if you get a chance check out my blog @ http://rowland-around.blogspot.com

Becky G said...

Hey Dale! Long time, no see! It's good to have you back. I will definitely check out your blog.

I well remember Rosie doing needlepoint, but don't remember any mention of him knitting. Oh well, I was pretty small back then.

Becky G said...

Sus, that's the thing...he didn't seem to be raging. Even though he was acting the part of being angry, his whole demeanor suggested calmness, and a sadness about breaking his little car.