Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last Project



of 2006. I did this one with the alpaca blend yarn I got for Christmas. It isn't blocked yet, but still looks ok.


New Year's Eve was never a big holiday when I was growing up. We never went to parties or anything. We didn't even stay up until midnight. Our celebration involved gathering around my Dad's short wave radio at and listening to Big Ben in London chime midnight. It was 6:00 PM local time. I was grown before I ever knew a ball dropped in New York City.

When I was really young, my dad worked shift work at one of the local petrochemical plants. He always got Christmas off, but often had to work New Year's Eve. One such year, he was headed out to work the 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM shift. As he walked out the door, he called, "See you next year!" I was too young to understand the subtleties of that humor, and I burst into tears. I thought I wouldn't see my daddy for a whole year. It upset me so, that he didn't play that joke again for a long, long time.

Now, of course, we usually go to B and J's for a little family get together. I'm still not big on parties, but what I'm really not big on is driving home afterwards with all the drunk people on the roads.

So to all my friends and my 5 faithful readers:

Happy New Year

May God's blessings be upon you in the coming year. I love you all!



*
*

1 comment:

Buck said...

Happy New Year, Becky!! All the best for you and Cody in the coming year...