Friday, December 15, 2006

Warning

Never go grocery shopping when you are hungry. If you should happen to find yourself in a grocery store whilst hungry, never, but never wander down the Christmas Candy aisle "just to see what's there." Trust me on this one...


Deja vu...before I went grocery shopping this morning, I was planning on getting my packages ready to mail so I could take them into town with me. My packing tape was not at all cooperative and kept tearing. I finally just threw it away and decided to buy a new roll. This meant I would have to make a second trip into town. What's really weird about that is that when I went into town at 4:00 PM, the same homeless guy who was there at 10:00 AM was still standing by the exit ramp. I didn't think too much of that, but as I turned off the highway to head into town, the exact same Christmas song came on the radio! Seriously. If Cody hadn't been in the car with me the second time, I would have thought I'd gone through a time warp or something. It seems my life has been a study in weirdness lately.


I finally got my aunt's prayer shawl mailed after it spent two weeks on the back of my chair. What caused the delay was that I didn't want to just send it off without an appropriate note to enclose with it, and I just couldn't think of anything. Today my creative juices finally began flowing and I dashed out this little ditty:



A Prayer Shawl

This is a simple prayer shawl
Knitted just for you
To show you that I love you
And I’m praying for you, too.

The oddness of the pattern
Is significant, you see.
It represents uncertainties
Life throws at you and me.

May its warmth and softness
Bring to you the thought
Of God’s love and mercy
That always comforts us.

Yet most importantly of all,
I hope you know it’s true:
Each stitch I knitted represents
A prayer sent Heavenward for you.



It appears I was just in time, too. I found out this week that one of my good friends from church lost her mother Wednesday night.



And I still have to do the one for B's friend who lost her husband two days before Thanksgiving.



Sigh, I'm going to be busy knitting for a while. I'd better get to it then...


Brought to you by:
*

*

4 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

What pattern did you use for the prayer shawl, Becky?

Travel news: The current plan is to leave here on the 26th, and hit Jackson sometime on the 27th. We'll be staying until January 1, whereupon we head back up since Rob has to be back at work Jan. 2nd.

So we'll in Brandon from sometime the afternoon of the 27th until New Years.

Becky G said...

I used a pattern I got from another blog, which I can't find now. If I find it again, I'll be sure to post it.

I'll be off work from Wednesday Dec 20, until Jan 2. If you want to get together sometime, e-mail me for my phone #. Maybe you could bring Aaron by to see the snakes.

Perpetual Beginner said...

The connection to your e-mail isn't working for me. If you can, drop me your # at cindy(dot)wood(at)insightbb(dot)com

If I don't hear from you in the next few days, I'll probably holler through the IsshinryuDivas list.

Becky G said...

Thanks Patti. Yeah, I do dabble a bit in poetry. Nothing spectacular, but I enjoy jotting down a verse now and again.