Sunday, December 24, 2006

It's Christmas Eve

and you know, sometimes I just can't seem to put things into words that will adequately convey what I want to say. This is one of those times. So I'll just leave you with some pictures of my day, and a few brief captions.


Presents! Gathering to exchange gifts on Christmas Eve has been a tradition in my dad's family since before I was born. This year was no exception. We met and B and J's house after church for a Christmas Eve brunch and opened presents. We did it kind of early since J is working nights. Cody and J handing out gifts.

Dennise opening her present while Brittani looks on eagerly.

"Cool", exclaims Shelbi.
"It's in my colors", says Brittani.
J was very pleased with his hunting hat. He said he'd been wanting one for a long time. I replied, "Well, you didn't ask for one until a couple of weeks ago."

How grown up my little man looks, with his flashlight/tool kit.

I got a new set of erasers, which I needed since Cody stole borrowed all of mine.

Mike got some new barbecue utensils to go with the new gas grill the girls got him.
Despite the expression, B really did like these candle holders.
Cody with his haul: Superman Returns, a flashlight/toolkit, a new sketchbook, and his own set of erasers.

My haul: some food bowls that go with my vacuum sealer, my set of erasers, and some new slipper socks--an essential item for someone like me with perpetually cold feet.
Then it was home for an afternoon of baking, a candlelight service at the church, back to B's for an evening of snacks, visiting, and reminiscing about Christmases past. We've been tracking Santa on NORAD, and I think he will need to stop and put pontoons on his sleigh before he gets here. The ground was already saturated, and it has been raining most of the afternoon. It is supposed to rain all night as well.
Well, I reckon I'd better get to bed so Santa can get here. In the words of the jolly one himself, I wish you:
Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
*
*

2 comments:

Buck said...

Merry Christmas, Becky! Great pics of everyone...

Becky G said...

Merry Christmas to you, too, Buck.