Friday, December 01, 2006

Winter Storms

Winter storms swept the country yesterday and today. They were predicting severe thunderstorms last night, but thankfully the worst of it passed to the north of us. It got quite cold here,



but not as cold as some other parts of the country. We didn't get any snow or ice, for which I am grateful.

Cody and Katie had the right idea,



and I wish we could have stayed in bed. But Cody had school this morning. I probably should have let him stay in bed because along about 2 PM, the school called saying he wasn't feeling well. I went and picked him up, then had to go to Wal-mart to buy some ibuprofen and a thermometer. We'd lost our other thermometer in the move. He had a 102 fever, and the ibuprofen only brought it down to around 100. He is now snuggled in on the couch watching Christmas movies.

Being the first of December, it was time for the first few rows of the:





Here is what I got done, and I am anxiously awaiting the next installment of the pattern. The exciting part of this is that nobody knows what the pattern is going to be at this point. Anticipating seeing the finished product is half the fun.

Some good news is we got our replacement Christmas tree. It is set up and waiting to be decorated. Cody wanted to do it tonight, but so far hasn't found the energy to get off the couch. We'll decorate it tomorrow.

Finally, for your culinary delight for the day, a little bit of Heaven on Earth--Chocolate Chip Cookies:

4 comments:

Buck said...

Heaven on Earth--Chocolate Chip Cookies

OK, Becky, this is beginning to look like "cruel and unusual" treatment! You keep torturing me with pics of all these great home-made treats. Not fair!! Not FAIR!!

Hope Cody gets well, soon!

Becky G said...

Snicker snicker...

Bag Blog said...

What are you doing with all of these cookies? My life is a diet, so I am truly amazed at the baking you are doing.

Becky G said...

LOL, Lou. I only bake like this around Christmas time. These cookies are being vacuum sealed and put back until Christmas Eve.

Ok, Ok, I did leave a few out for us to eat.