Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm Free! (Again)

Today was my last day of work until Jan 2. Unfortunately, Cody has school through the rest of this week, so I can't sleep in just yet.

The good news is that my cough seems to be settling down some. The bad news is that I still can't think of a single thing to blog about! It's like my brain has gone dead these last few days. Maybe the unseasonable heat has something to do with that. It is supposed to start raining later this evening, though, and rain all through Christmas. It will cool down a bit, with lows in the 30s and highs in the 50s. Better than it has been being with highs in the mid 70's.

I mopped my kitchen floor over the weekend, but with all the rain, the yard is so muddy it didn't do any good. Within an hour or so, there were so many muddy doggy footprints, I might as well have saved myself the trouble.

I am happy to report that my Christmas shopping is done. Everyone who is going to get a present now has one somewhere--either under my tree or on its way (or waiting to be mailed) except for Cody's Aunt Denise. I was going to draw her one of my winter scenes, but accidentally grabbed Cody's watercolor paper instead of my regular drawing paper. I didn't like the way it was turning out, and I'm going to start over. So it may be a little late that she gets it. Now, where did I put my drawing pad...

Today's KAL rows:
I didn't do another dishcloth today, other than the KAL. I did work a bit on this prayer shawl:


It is going to be my priority until it gets done. Cindy had asked what pattern I use. I found it. It is taken from this blog. There is another "official" prayer shawl pattern in which you cast on in multiples of three and then knit three and purl three until it is done. On the following rows, knit the purls and purl the knit stitches so you don't end up with ribbing. The multiples of three represent the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I am not using that one because it works up better in a chunky or bulky weight boucle, which I don't have on hand. The one I am using works up better in worsted and suits my purposes just fine.
Sensei has invited me to the dojo Christmas party Thursday night, and I think we are going to go. I need to get him to go over sunsu with me, because I think I've forgotten part of it. I hope to be back in the dojo regularly next month. Cody's grades are coming up--well, some of them at least. Science, Social Studies and Career Discovery have all come up since progress reports. No word yet on English and Math.
*
*

2 comments:

Buck said...

I'm glad your cough is going away, Becky. It's not good to be ill during the holidays (or any other time....).

And...it's GOOD to be free!!

Becky G said...

Thanks Buck. Yes, it isn't good to be sick over the holidays. One year both my younger brother and sister had chicken pox over Christmas. Yes, both at the same time...

It is SOOO good to be free, but it'll go by way too fast. Just like my 17 days over Thanksgiving did.