Wednesday, February 06, 2008

We're OK

Some of you may have heard about the storms that blew through the South last night. It did get pretty bad for a while. There was a severe storm that passed through around 2 AM. The lightning woke me up. Yes, it was the lightning. It was that bright.

Or maybe it was the cat climbing my face.

Either way, it was bad, and tornadoes whizzed all around us, but we made it through unscathed. Some people weren't so fortunate. Keep them in your prayers, would you?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I was thinking about you when I read about the storms. I'm glad to hear that you are okay!

Becky G said...

Thanks, Dani.

Sus said...

I'm also very glad that you are okay! Storms like that are particularly freaky this time of year, I've always thought. Hope it stays settled down for you.

There's an award for you over on my blog! You make my day!

Opal said...

I'm so glad you're okay. Those kind of storms are completely out of my imaginary atmosphere. I just look at the devastation in awe. The people who have suffered are definitely in my thoughts.

Robin said...

Glad you're okay...you were first in my thoughts when the reports came on TV. Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers!

Buck said...

I was paying attention the other night, but when I didn't see your town on The WX Channel, I kinda-sorta knew you were OK. And TWC is very danged good about this sort of news.

(Note the observation of OPSEC principles.)

Becky G said...

Thanks everyone. The worst of us passed to the North of us, but not that far. Oxford got hit pretty badly, and they aren't that far from us.

Sus, this is just the beginning. Tornado season lasts usually until the middle of May. That's when I start to relax a bit.

Opal, this is something you really don't want to imagine. Trust me on this.

Robin, thank you. Did the storms make it to you? Are you all ok?

Buck, observation noted. :D