Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Way Behind

I'm running way behind on blogging and everything else. In black belt class last night, we did more finding self defense moves in kata. This time, though, we partnered up and actually did drills with a partner. I was partnered with Josh at first, and we got some good, constructive work done. Then we switched partners and I was with the 13 year old ik-kyu. At that point, I switched into teacher mode, which meant I wasn't really getting much out of the drill.

Tonight's class was a learning class. Most of the kyu ranks will be testing Thursday, so we had an open work out for them. I spent most of the class working with two people on tokumine no kun bo kata.

After class, I stayed and went through all of my kata--well, the ones I hadn't done before class, that is. All told, I did all 12 of my kata: 8 empty hand and 4 weapons.

In knitting news, I worked a bit more on Cody's sock. The leg is up to 4" long. He wants them about 8", so I'm halfway there.

Just so this post isn't a total waste of your time, here is another picture taken with the new camera:

Ack! I hate getting behind! I feel so rushed! I'll answer comments tomorrow, so don't think I've forgotten you.

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I hear you on the being behind! I love the detail of your photo.

Inquiries said...

I also hear you on being behind. You take great pictures!

Becky G said...

Thank you, ladies.