Monday, February 18, 2008

I Laughed So Hard

I don't usually watch Oprah. Sometimes I do, depending on who she has on or what she is talking about. Today I watched Oprah. Her guests were Jim Carrey, Steve Carell, and Carol Burnett. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I grew up watching The Carol Burnett Show. It has got to be the funniest show that ever there was. Who could forget Carol's portrayal of the Queen, Tim Conway as the Little Old Man, Harvey Korman being unable to stop laughing, and Mrs. Whiggins. Oh, how I miss that show.


I finished my socks last night.

Pattern: Roundabout Socks by The Yarnarian
Yarn: Fortissima Socka mit Bamboo
Colorway: 0006
Needles: Knitpicks nickel plated size 2/75 mm.

This afternoon, I cast on Cody's black socks:

Can you believe I still only have one project on the needles? I can't. But it's true.

6 comments:

Carol said...

Becky,
the socks turned out fantastic,I love the way you display them.
Have a great day!

Robin said...

OH HOW I LOVE THAT SHOW!!! Every now and then I can find it on TVLand!!
I like when Tim Conway tried his best, and usually succeeded in cracking everyone up!

Buck said...

Have you seen the American Masters show on Burnett? The whole series is simply excellent, but they outdid themselves with the Carol show. And the web site has other cool stuff, too, like this:

Q: Is there a question you always wished you'd be asked in an interview that you'd like to answer now?

A: I think I've been asked everything in the world. There was one recently, in Texas, that I'd never been asked and I didn't know how in the world I was going to answer it. A woman in the balcony said, "If you could be a member of the opposite sex for 24 hours and then come back and be yourself, who would you be and what would you do?" I thought, "I'm stuck, I have no idea. Would I want to be George Clooney or the cute one with the dimple?" And I thought, okay, dear God, I'm going to open my mouth and just whatever comes out, comes out. And I said, "I'd be Osama bin Laden, and I'd kill myself." The place exploded.


She's STILL got it!

Opal said...

Beautiful socks! I cannot believe you only have one project on the needles. Yay you.

Becky G said...

Carol, thank you!

Robin, Tim Conway has got to be the funniest man ever! I just loved watching Harvey Korman lose it every time they did a skit together.

Buck, I missed that one. I will have to watch for it on PBS. That is hilarious what you quoted. Yep, she still has it. On Oprah, she was telling the story of how she went to a store to buy some stockings and discovered she didn't have the right credit card. She told the cashier she would have to write a check, and the cashier said she would need some identification. The cashier went to talk to the store manager, who said she would approve Carol Burnett's check if she would do the Tarzan yell. She did the yell, and next thing she knew, a security guard came bursting through the door with his gun pointed right at her. It was a lot funnier the way she told it. Yep, she's still got it.

Opal, thanks. It didn't last long, though!

frotoe said...

Becky, I saw that Oprah show as well. they are all hilarious and I really want to see Horton hears a who. I loved the Carol Burnett show too-they were all brilliant.