Sunday, February 17, 2008

Photo Safari

Sort of.

Don't let this sky fool you. It is windy and pretty chilly outside.

So instead of going out to the lake like I'd planned, I just walked around the yard.

More daffodils were blooming.

They have been blooming just a bit early these last couple of years. I think the mild winters have confused them. We usually don't get them until the first part of March.

I think technically, these are jonquils.

I think jonquil is my absolute favorite word in the entire English language. I just love saying it. Jonquil. Jonquil.

Buds are coming out on some of the trees already.


"What's this thing?"

"OK, mama. Take my picture. See how pretty I pose?"

What has got me so freaked out?

The birds are back.

Click to see them better...if you dare!

P.S. Ignore the bloodshot state of my eyes. I have not been drinking. They are just always like that. My eyes have been bloodshot for as long as I can remember. I think it's from my allergies going untreated for so long. Or maybe from getting slapped upside the head by my mother so much.

P.P.S. Also ignore the makeupless state of my face. I corrected that soon after that picture was taken.

P.P.P.S. Jonquil.

He he he...

3 comments:

Robin said...

It's nice to know spring is on it's way...I can't wait to see more blooms around here! It's been reported that robin's have been seen in our area...Woo-Hoo!!

Opal said...

Gorgeous flowers!

Buck said...

Those are some delicate little yellow buds. Nice pic, as are the rest.

Your Sunday was an order of magnitude better than mine, Becky!