Wednesday, February 13, 2008

TMI

It got pretty cold last night--28' when I got up. Quite the drop from the 59' or so the day before. One of my co-workers told me that his wife had called him at work this morning. Seems his younger daughter had thought you were supposed to leave the windows down on your car when it gets really cold. I don't know why. What happened was that her window froze somehow and it pulled it out of the track. Now he's got to get her car fixed. He was pretty aggravated because he had to get the older daughter's car fixed last week. "You can't tell 'em nothin'," he said. "One time," he continued, "they hit each other. Just ran into each other in the driveway!"

I don't know what it is. I must have a really open face or something because people seem to feel that they can talk to me. Trouble is, I don't always want to hear what they have to say. Take this story, for example, told to me several years ago by a former co-worker:

My mama bought me some underwear, only she got the wrong kind. That is, she didn't buy the brand I normally buy for myself. Trouble is, they don't fit right. The fly won't stay closed and my stuff keeps falling out. That's the weirdest feeling --walking around with your stuff hanging our of your underwear.


I was sitting there the whole time, smiling and trying to look sympathetic, but I was thinking, "Do I really need to know this?" But that's the way my life goes. I've been told some of the strangest stuff! Unfortunately for you, that's the only example you are going to get. What is told to me in confidence, stays in confidence.

I think I found the answer to my problem. I'm in the wrong country:

You Should Date An Australian!

You're a down to earth, outdoorsy kind of girl
And you need a guy who can keep up with your adventures
A rugged Austrailian guy is just your style
Better start learning how to surf!


Last I looked, there weren't too many Australian men hanging around in central Mississippi. BTW, before I learn how to surf, I probably ought to start with learning how to swim!

Oh well....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My result was that I'd date a Swede. Oddly enough, I actually married an Ecuadorian! :-P

Buck said...

I'm quite OK with you not telling us any more stories about stuff falling out of underwear... ya know?

;-)

Opal said...

I don't know what possessed your co-worker to divulge such information. Talk about TMI! LMAO!

Becky G said...

Dani, I thought that would be my choice, since my ancestors were Swedish. But no...

Buck, gotcha.

Opal, that was a mild one compared to some of the things that have been shared with me....But I thought I'd show compassion on my readers.