Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rainy Saturday

The plan was to go on a photo safari, but when I got up, the sky looked like this:


Soon after I took this picture, a slow, drizzly rain began to fall and it continued to rain for the rest of the day. Before it started, though, I managed to go out into the yard and get some shots of the spring flowers that are just beginning to bloom.

I don't know what these are, but I've had a devil of a time trying to get decent shots of them.

They are so white, they confuse my camera.

The daffodils are always very photogenic:



I don't know what these are either, but they're pretty.

I'm not much of a botanist, am I?

I took a break from sock knitting today to finish off two dishcloths. These are from the Monthly Dishcloth KAL. I wasn't sure I was going to do the KAL again this year, but I really liked these two patterns.

Red always seems to confuse my camera also.

That's pretty much all I did, other than some house work. Spring is getting close. I'm starting to get restless. I feel a road trip coming on.

A short one.

Like to the Memphis Zoo maybe.

Soon...

5 comments:

Carol said...

AWWW... No fair, your daffodils are up already! Mine don't bloom until May around Mothers Day.
I'm so jealous.

Buck said...

I was gonna say exactly what Carol said, to wit: "Already?"

Ours won't be up for at least another month... But there's light at the end of the tunnel, as it's said.

Becky G said...

By May, ours will have already died back. They are a bit early. We usually don't get them until the beginning of March. I think the mild winters have confused them.

Bag Blog said...

Feb. is such a teaser. Flowers start blooming and yet winter is not over. Very nice photots.

frotoe said...

I am so jealous of your daffodils! i keep walking around my yard looking for signs of daffodils and they're finally starting to pop out of the ground. But yours are blooming!? I'll have to wait a few weeks for that. I can't wait for spring.