Monday, November 12, 2007

Yarny Presents

I'm really tired tonight after staying up late to watch the ball game last night, but I did want to show you some yarny presents I bought myself. The first is Red Heart in Fall colorway. This is really pretty yarn but I'd hesitated to buy any of it. Then I saw an afghan B was crocheting out of it and it works up beautifully in crochet. It seriously looked like a forest in autumn. Of course, knitting will be much more stripy than crochet, but I'm anxious to see how it knits up.

This is a very soft yarn, and I think it will make an excellent scarf or shawl. I have three skeins. Now to find an appropriate pattern.

Next we have two balls of Trekking XXL sock yarn that I bought from a fellow Ravelry member. I've never used this yarn before, and have heard mixed reviews about it. I'd thought about offering one of these up for my contest prize, but the labels are a bit wrinkled, so I'll just find something else from my stash.



These colorways don't have names, just numbers.

I finished my house socks in Red Heart Strata. I'm glad these are done. I really don't like knitting worsted at such a tight gauge.


Finally, I'm way behind on posting my sketches. No excuses, I just haven't been doing it. You can see by the date on this one how far behind I've gotten.


This is my protein bar that I was eating for lunch that day.

Words just aren't flowing today, so I'll let you off the hook with a rather brief post. Hopefully things will pick up tomorrow.

1 comment:

Bag Blog said...

For some reason, fall makes me want to crochet. I bought some yarn and started a baby blanket - I'm only good at the simple stuff.