Friday, November 02, 2007

I Can't Believe This

I can't believe I'm actually going to admit this to you, but I am tired of knitting socks. I'm tired of knitting altogether.


Actually, I think I'm just tired. Rylea has had some kind of puppy upset tummy. I haven't slept through the night one time this week. One night, I had to get up and let her out three times. Three! times. I haven't been up and down that much in the night since Cody was a baby.



So why didn't I just leave her outside? I tried. But about the time I'd snuggled back down into bed and was drifting off, she'd scratch at the back door wanting in. The back door is right by my bedroom door, and she is nothing if not insistent.


She seems much better now. She has her old perkiness back and didn't ask to be let out once last night. I just woke up anyway.


So I'm just tired, and Cody is back from his Sunday School party. I'm going to bed now.


Goodnight.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Don't worry...lots of knitters these days are losing their "knitting mojo"...your's will return! I'm just into holiday knitting, I can't lose my mojo!
I hope Rylea gets to feeling better...bless her heart!

Buck said...

Sleep deprivation can do strange things to a body...

Rest up this weekend!

Unknown said...

I'm with Robin on this one. I've gone a few weeks without knitting anything. Sometimes it's lack of inspiration, sometimes it's lack of time, sometimes it's boredom with the project. It's okay to take a break. One of these days, after giving yourself a break you'll see something and say, "Hey, now THAT'S an idea/something that looks cool to try," and you'll be off and running again. You've been a nonstop knitting machine for a few months now, so you probably just need a break instead. No harm in that.

Becky G said...

Thank you all for the encouragement. I don't really think I needed a break from knitting. I just needed to go to bed. Since I wrote this, I've worked on a new pair of house socks, the November dishcloth KAL, and swatched for a new charity scarf. I think saying "swatched" sounds so much better than saying "started over three times because I didn't like how it was turning out," doesn't it?