Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007 In Pictures

Our Thanksgiving sky looked like this for most of the day. A strong wind was blowing out of the North, and the temp dropped steadily throughout the day.


Still, the overcast sky and strong wind didn't stop the two hunters from heading out this morning, and coming back with this nice sized doe.

J let Cody take the first shot, but she wouldn't be still, and he didn't want to take a bad shot. Cody passed, and in the end J shot her. He kept calling her "that crazy doe" because she was so spastic. She weighed in at 110 lbs. Cody and J cleaned the deer, while I watched the parade. Santa entered Harald Square, and I cried, as usual, and soon it was time to eat.

I had to wake Cody up, as the mighty hunter was worn out.


Since it was just the four of us this year, B only did a breast instead of a whole turkey.

But we had plenty of food anyway.

Here is my plate, and every bit of it egg free! Doesn't it make your mouth water?


B and J enjoying the feast,


while Annie says, "Where's mine?"

After dinner, I had to come home to watch football. J was watching hunting shows, believe it or not. There was a lot of hype coming into this Cowboys-Jets showdown. After all, the Jets pulled off a surprise upset of the Pittsburg Steelers just 4 days before. Would Dallas fall to the same trap? Would the Jets defense shut down Tony Romo the way they had shut down Ben Rothlisberger? Would the mighty Cowboys fall to the now 2-8 Jets?

All the speculation was for naught, though as Dallas steamrolled over the hapless Jets. After jumping to a 21-0 lead midway through the second quarter, Dallas put their game into cruise control and pretty much coasted for the rest of the game. Even so, they still scored 13 more points, while holding the Jets to only a field goal. With Tony Romo's two TD passes, one to Jason Witten and one to Terrell Owens, he tied Danny White's single season club record. Kellen Clemens, who hasn't done much better than the Chad Pennington he replaced earlier this season--only managed to get the Jets into Dallas territory twice in the whole game. They just couldn't get anything going. One almost felt sorry for them. Almost....

While watching the game, I finally finished what I'd begun to think were the neverending socks:


I kind of like the way the colors turned out. This is yarn I dyed from left over Easter Egg dye. I'm not sure I like the short row heel, though.

I finished this hat yesterday evening:


This is for my KAL. I have enough yarn to do at least two more of these. Remember, items knit for charity don't count on your WIP list. We finished off the evening by watching Miracle on 34th Street--a Thanksgiving tradition in my house for at least the last 13 years.

Before I say goodnight, everybody likes to make their lists of things they are most thankful for. To vary the pace a bit, I leave you with my list of things that aren't really that important, but I'm thankful for them anyway:

10. Scarlett hasn't upchucked in 14 months.
9. Rylea hasn't had an accident in the house for 3 months
8. I finally finished those socks that were driving me nuts.
7. Our local Wal-mart carries an egg free nog.
6. Since charity knits don't count as WIPs, I'm down to 4 active WIPs.
5. B made egg free salad dressing, just for me.
4. Katie will be 12 on Sunday. That's the longest I've ever had a dog.
3. The Cowboys won. That's always a good thing.
2. It took two years, but I finally got a puppy who lived longer than a month.
1. I can still beat my son in arm wrestling--but just barely.


5 comments:

Buck said...

Doesn't it make your mouth water?

Ummm...Yep! Sure did!

Becky G said...

And it tasted as good as it looked. Ummmmm...

frotoe said...

Those socks are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

That's a nice list, Bec.

How long did Cutter John live?

Becky G said...

Thank you, frotoe.

Patch, I don't know. I had him for 4 years, but had to give him away when I went into Navy Boot camp. I still miss that dog. He was the best one I ever had.