Saturday, November 03, 2007

Saturday Sky and NaBloPoMo




It was cold this morning, the coldest yet. 36' when I got up and let the dogs out around 6:45.

I've joined NaBloPoMo, otherwise known as National Blog Posting Month. The rules are simple. Blog every day in November. Weekends included. That's it.

Those of you who post daily anyway may think, "What's the big deal about that?" but in my wanderings around the blogworld these last few days, the recurring theme seems to be "What am I going to blog about every day?"

If you're one of these people, and hit a dry spot, I've put together some questions that you can use for a blog topic. Feel free to use these at any time.

1. What is your strongest Thanksgiving memory from your childhood? (If you can't decide, you can make a post out of each memory.)
2. How did your family celebrate Thanksgiving when you were a child?
3. How does your family celebrate Thanksgiving now?
4. What unique Thanksgiving tradition does your family have? When you were a child?
5. Describe a typical Thanksgiving menu in your home.
6. List the recipes. (One per day, if you wish.)
7. List one thing each day that you are thankful for.
8. Do you have any special fall memories--not necessarily Thanksgiving related?
9. What is your favorite football team? College or pro, or both.
10. Do you have any favorite Thanksgiving movies or TV shows? (There aren't a lot, I know...)
11. What did you do the day after Thanksgiving?
12. Describe the most special Thanksgiving you have had.
13. What is your favorite football team? College or pro, or both.
14. Who taught you to watch football, family or spouse?
15. When do you put up your Christmas tree?
16. What is your favorite thing about fall?
17. Describe your hobby. What is it? How did you get started? Why do you like it?
18. How did you celebrate your birthday as a child?
19. What is the best present you ever received?
20. How did you meet your spouse (if applicable)?

Happy posting!

5 comments:

becky said...

Hi Becky!

OK, I've looked thru some stuff on your blog, and it's very cool... and I have some blogging questions! How do you get your blog to come up on the NaBloPoMo blog site? Does that question even make sense?

becky/AL

Anonymous said...

Those are good posting ideas Bec, but I'm already not sure I'm cut out for this blogging thing.

On the upside, I'm totally adding your recipes to my recipe box (offline, an actual box with index cards). Now I just need to figure out how to make them low-carb and no-sugar...I know I know, what's the fun in that.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Happy 2 year blog-iversary, you've done a great job! (And happy soon-to-be birthday too).

Now that you're tired of knitting, how 'bout doing some more drawings? Some of those are really incredible.

Becky G said...

Becky, I'm not really sure what you are asking. This is the first year I've done it, so I don't know much more than you do. All I can suggest is to poke around the site and see if you can find your answer there.

Patti, I can't answer that for you. All I can say is that it has been great having you more visible in my life again. I do hope you keep it up.

Thanks for the compliment on my drawings. I still do my almost daily sketches, and have a backlog that I need to post. I wish I had time right now to get into detailed drawing again. One day I will.

Becky G said...

Becky, I figured it out. Go to the NaBloPoMo site and go to your "MY Page" page. In the left sidebar, about halfway down, there is a box that says something about RSS. Click on Edit and enter your URL. Your posts should then show up on your page.