Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Packages

There were three of them waiting for me when I got home today. One contains a Christmas present, so I can't show you what it is, but I can show you the other two.

This one I was expecting, sort of. I found a fellow Raveler who had some blue fun fur yarn in her Sell/Trade stash. I asked her how much she wanted for it, thinking I could use it for our Cowboys KAL. When I told her what I was planning on using it for, danged if she didn't up and send me a whole box of yarn. For free, too.

It is much appreciated, and will be put to good use. What I don't use for this KAL, I can use for Scarves From The Heart.

The second box that came was a near total surprise. It is from my friend Patti. She'd mentioned once that she had some stuff that she was going to send me, but it just didn't register until after I'd opened the box. So I was semi-surprised to find this:


It is a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, a cap and notebook from our old alma mater. She also included a package of wooden letters she'd bought when Cody was born. They spell out his name. She was going to do something with them, but couldn't ever figure out what she wanted to do. She sent them on to me, thinking maybe I could come up with something.

Squeaky has already claimed the sweatshirt. I hate to break it to her, but she isn't going to be able to keep it.


I called to check on Rylea, and they said she is doing fine. The vets were actually doing something to her when I called, so I talked to the receptionist. They wanted to keep her one more day, so I'll call back tomorrow. I just feel so sick when I think of all the times Cody and I walked up and down the street looking for her. We probably walked right past her more than once, and didn't find her. Poor baby. But she is safe and sound and on pain medication now, thank goodness.

It seems to be a rite of passage around here--getting run over. Katie was hit badly when she was about the same age as Rylea. The wheels didn't go over Katie, but the way she was hit slammed her head into the asphalt pretty hard. She was actually knocked senseless for a bit, and I thought we were going to lose her. She is ok now, but she lost half of her tail in that accident. I've been thinking about that all day. I didn't even think to check and see if Rylea still has her tail. In the grand scheme of things, it just isn't that important.

I just hope Rylea learns faster than Katie, and stays out of cars way from now on. Katie had to get hit more than once before she learned. She's had so much stuff happen to her that we began to say she must be part cat--nine lives and all. But she is 12 years old now, and has outlived 3 dogs and 5 cats.

After I'd gotten home last night, I went to bed about my usual time, but tossed and turned until about midnight. Unfortunately for me, 5:00 AM still came at the same time, so I'm a bit brain fried tonight. I'm going to stop rambling now and go to bed early.

Goodnight.

4 comments:

frotoe said...

I'm glad she's ok. Poor thing.

Anonymous said...

Glad it arrived! It's just some stuff I've had forever and never used or wore, and you are the only HSUer that I'm still in contact with. Enjoy!

Glad to hear the good news on the pup! Re-Squeaky: did I read right several months ago that you were having to find a new home for him due to allergies? So things worked out there too so he could stay? Maybe your pet-luck is starting to change for the better on both counts.

Buck said...

Glad to hear Rylea is on the mend. That's good news. The bad news (based on my experience) is some dogs never learn about cars... at least not when chasing squirrels. I had a black lab/border collie cross that got hit twice while chasing squirrels, but both hits were minor ass-over-teakettle kinds of events. Focused, she was. And she never learned...

Becky G said...

Thank you frotoe

Patti, you have a good memory. Yes, the allergist did recommend that I find a new home for Squeaky, but it's not like "things worked out." I just didn't do it. He also told me to keep her out of my bedroom and certainly out of my bed. As you can see, I didn't do that either.

Buck, I sure hope Rylea isn't one of those dogs. She seems pretty smart. She house trained a lot faster than Katie did. She learned her name faster, and also figured out that the presence of food means she is supposed to sit. Maybe she'll be one of those that learns. I hope.