Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sunday Night

is football night. Well, it hasn't been too good for Cody. His Colts lost to New England by 4 points. Be that as it may, it was a good close game. The Colts actually dominated NE the entire game--everywhere but the scoreboard. The controlled the game 90% of the time, but gave up huge plays. NE came from behind in the fourth quarter to win. In my case, it was more dislike of NE than like of Colts, but Cody was very upset. In fact, he got so ill that I actually had to banish him to his room for the last few minutes. After the game was over, he came out and said that he'd decided that he just wasn't going to be upset over it. That it was just a game. I was real proud of him. Then, he really surprised me. A year ago, he would have said that he hoped the Cowboys would lost just because his team lost. Today he said, "I hope your team has better luck than mine."

Now, it's halftime in the Dallas/Philadelphia game, with the Cowboys leading 21-7. Donovan McNabb said that the road to the NFC East championship runs through Philadelphia. That's a road Dallas seems to be rolling down with ease.

I discovered something about myself this weekend. Something I never expected. I like tofu. I'd never eaten it before, but recently found a recipe for tofu scramble that could be a substitute for scrambled eggs. I made it yesterday evening, expecting to hate it, given all the negative stuff I've heard about tofu. I didn't. I liked it. I posted it to my egg free blog; the link is in my left sidebar.


Finally, a note about my contest. I've already had some people try to enter by leaving answers in the comments. In the rules, I clearly state not to do this, and that comments containing answers will be deleted. I know this sound persnickety, but that's how it's going to be. Why so picky, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. By leaving your answers in the comments, you are basically giving out the answers to every one who comes after you. I'll give you a for instance:

Let's say that Sue leaves the following answer in the comments:


Oh, I know three! Number 1 is George, Number 7 is Pete, and number 12 is Fred!

Sometime after that, Mary comes along, and she knows that number 2 is Ralph, and number 4 is Henry. That's only two that she knows, but she reads Sue's answers in the comments and suddenly she has 5 guesses. Now, up to this point, Sue had been winning with her three correct answers, and if those had been the only two responses I'd received, she would have won. But by putting her guesses out there for all to see and copy, she has effectively eliminated her chances of winning.

To make it fair to everyone, I will be deleting all comments with answers in them. If people continue to put answers in the comments, I will be forced to either turn on comment moderation for the duration of the contest or cancel the contest altogether.

Let's please follow the rules, people!
.

3 comments:

Buck said...

Something I never expected. I like tofu.

Tofu is good stuff, especially when stir-fried in some sort of Szechuan recipe like this. Mmmm-mmm- GOOD!

And good on Cody, too!

Becky G said...

Oooh, thanks for that recipe. I don't have a wok, and I don't know if I can find all of those ingredients around here, but I'm going to have to try it out.

Buck said...

I don't have a wok...

I don't either...any longer. Woks take up a lot of storage space and mine didn't make the cut when I moved into the RV. I sure do miss it, though. VERY useful utensil, it is, and almost indispensable for Chinese cookery. I make do these days with my ol' cast-iron skillet, which did "make the cut."

re: the recipe. Glad to be of service, Ma'am!