Thursday, November 08, 2007

I'm A Heathern

That's Southern for Heathen. (I almost typed it that way again!)

I've skipped karate twice this week. No particular reason. I just wanted to stay home. Sometimes going three times a week just gets to be a bit too much and I need to be home. Especially with the cooler weather coming on. It makes me want to snuggle down and knit all evening. So that's what I've done. Here is evidence:


This the November Dishcloth. The first picture shows the design a little better, but the second is more accurate of the color. Can you believe the difference in the colors? I took both pictures at the same time, in the same place. The first one with flash, the second without. Weird.

And here's a shocker: I've worked on Cody's Longhorns Scarf!


Here's a closeup of the pattern:


There will be a football motif at the other end.

I'm trying really hard to be disciplined with my knitting, but I'm really having the urge to cast on something else. I'm going to make myself finish something first, though. Probably will be the house socks, because they will be the quickest.

Better get going on them.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that UT scarf is impressive! Maybe a purple and gold one, or blue and gray (silver) with a star on each end for yourself?

And yeah, from the pix it looks like 2 different potholders, 1 brown, 1 yellow.

Becky G said...

Thanks Patti. I have thought about the blue and silver scarf. I actually made a purple and gold hat last year. It was from bits of yarn that I didn't really have enough to do anything else with so I made a striped hat. I have just enough left to make Cody a purple and gold teddy bear sweater, and maybe a scarf and hat to go with it. Convenient that LSU has the same colors as HSU.