Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's Over

Well I said I'd find a game to watch, and did I ever pick a doozy. I just happened to stumble upon the Tennessee vs. Kentucky game midway through the second quarter. The game looked like it was going all Tennessee's way. They were leading 31-14 in the third quarter, but Kentucky rallied and tied the game at the end of regulation play. Four overtimes and a few stopped hearts later, Tennessee hung on to win 52-50. Next, they will face LSU in the SEC Championship game.

The next game on was Florida vs. Florida St. That game was pretty boring. Watching Mr. Tim I-can-do-it-all-by-myself-who-needs-you-other-losers -and-yeah-I'm-disrespectful-to-my-mama-what-of-it Tebow have his way with the Seminoles just isn't all that exciting. For some reason, the Seminoles all seemed scared of him. I wanted to tell them that the boy can be beat. And when he does get beat, he puts on an even better show, stomping and crying on the sidelines like a two year old. I tell you what, listening to the commentators gush on and on about Tim Tebow was positively sickening. When one of them said, "He's the man you would most want your daughter to marry," I nearly put a foot through the TV. Not my daughter. If I had a daughter, I'd want her to marry a man with much more character and integrity than that white washed sepulcher. The most exciting moment of that game was when the Seminoles kicker booted a 60 yard field goal. It had no bearing on the game's outcome, but was impressive nonetheless.

To top off a day of great football, undefeated Kansas went down in flames to Missou, in the final game of the day. Missou jumped out to an early lead, but Kansas fought back to within a touchdown in the final moments of the game. In a heartbreaking turn of events, Missou sacked Kansas Quarterback Todd Reesing in the end zone for a safety with 12 seconds left on the clock, putting the game out of reach.

There is one more week of regular season college football, but all of my teams are done. Oh, well. I suppose I could watch the Army-Navy game.

2 comments:

Buck said...

Wow, Becky...you really don't care for the guy much, do you? He IS an amazing QB, though.

Remind me to never get on your bad side...

Becky G said...

It's not so much that I dislike him, it's that I simply have no respect for him. I will admit that he has a great deal of talent, but it takes more than that to earn my respect.

I don't think you could ever get on my bad side. I do have a lot of respect for you.