Sunday, August 12, 2007

WIP Time

I've noticed something these last couple of days. I've worked really hard this year to reduce my number of WIPs (Works In Progress, for those of you not in the know), but these last few days it has come to my attention that my WIP count has been slowly creeping back upwards. Therefore, I'm asking you, my faithful blog readers--and anyone else who just happens by--to help hold me accountable.

These are my current WIPs:

1. Yukon Leaves socks. It's not a difficult pattern, and I love the yarn. I don't know why I keep putting off knitting it.
2. Columbine Peaks Socks. I stopped knitting after only one because I needed the needles for something else. I'll get back to this pair as soon as the needles are free.
3. Garter Rib socks. I put these off to finish my Jaywalkers. I'll get to them as soon as I'm done with those. 4. The Jaywalkers. This is priority. I should be done with them soon.
5. My charity scarf for Scarves From the Heart. Coming along nicely because I'm actually working on it.
6. Cody's Texas Longhorns scarf. It'll have a football on the other end, but right now I'm facing 37 miles of stockinette before I get there. A bit daunting, but I'm determined to finish.

7. Cubs for Kids charity knit. Teddy bear sweater. I hope to finish this one later this evening during the game. 8. A Prayer Shawl. I started months ago, but didn't have the heart to finish. I've worked on it a little, and intend to complete it.

9. Two toe-up socks on magic loop. This is the needles I need to finish my other socks with, so I'd better get cracking. 10. Branching Out lace scarf. Though it is easy for lace, this one still takes concentration.
11. Mindless stockinette sock in cotton. I keep thinking that I may frog this one and do an interesting pattern with the yarn. We'll see.
So there you have it. Six pairs of socks, three scarves, one shawl and a teddy bear sweater. My ideal would be to finish all of them before starting anything else, but we know that's not going to happen, don't we?

So what will I do? I'll try to reduce my number of overall WIPs to 4 or 5, and try to keep it there.

Stop that laughing. I can do it!

Stop laughing!

heavy sigh...
.

4 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

I haven't counted up my WIPs in a long time. I'm afraid to.

And bad person that I am, I started a new one today. I took a book on modular knitting out of the library, and I just happened to have this yarn sitting around...

Though in my defense, I did frog a WIP that wasn't working to free up the needles for the new project. So technically I'm running even - right?

Becky G said...

Of course you are! No harm, no foul, no problem.

Knit on, sister!

Sus said...

If I think of a way to help you cut down on WIP's, do you think you could come up with a way to get me to finish my niece's flippin' afghan???

LOVE the Yukon Leaves sock -- thanks for sharing the link! I like that the lace is only on the leg and the foot is plain.

Becky G said...

Ummm, how about a race? We'll race to see who finishes first, and the winner gets bragging rights.