Sunday, August 05, 2007

Lazy Sunday

Football has finally started again! Today was Hall of Fame weekend preseason game. Unfortunately, since I don't have cable, I couldn't watch it. Still, in honor of the unofficial start of the season, Football-Along kicked off with a charity knitting project. The project chosen is to knit mini sweaters in our chosen team's colors to donate to Cubs for Kids. As luck would have it, I didn't have any Dallas Cowboys colors, nor any Colts colors in my stash. I did have some orange and white. Though we aren't really Vols fans, it is Peyton Manning's Alma mater, so that's what I went with. Here is what I've got done so far.



Since I couldn't get the game, I watched a disc of The Complete History of The Dallas Cowboys. Ahhh, the memories.

I finished the August Monthly Dishcloth, as well.

I got real irritated with this yarn. I was knitting along happily when I came to a knot in the skein. Not a knot where the yarn got looped around itself and I could pick it out and everything would be ok. No, it was a knot where two pieces of yarn were joined. That is not supposed to happen. Bought yarn is not supposed to have knots in it. There was nothing I could do but cut the yarn and make a join, leaving a rather unsightly lump where it should have smooth sailing.

This afternoon, I had to take the dogs out for a walk, so I grabbed my camera and Kinneared Cody on the way out the door.

Once outside, I Kinneared Rylea

And Katie. I thought they turned out pretty well.
I didn't Kinnear these two, but I did endure 4,768 gnat and mosquito bites to get just the right pictures. Were they worth it?


I'd say yes.


Mingle2 Free Online Dating - Science Quiz


I only missed one question. Considering it's been 30 years since I was in 8th grade, I think that's pretty good.

Weatherwise, it gets even worse:

But Rylea has already figured out how to keep cool.
Smart puppy.
The best news of the day is that Slider finally ate! He ate a mouse. It was his first meal since January. I'm so happy. Now I just need to work him and Monty back onto rats.


8 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Rylea's growing like a weed! They're so cute at that adolescent age where they're all long legs and big paws.

I got 100% on the science quiz - but I have a bit of an advantage, having taken a science major in college, and worked in a lab for several years afterwards.

Yay for Slider eating!

Bag Blog said...

I took a grammar quiz the other day and did terrible on it - some English teacher I am!

I like the cloud picture - silver lining.

Sus said...

Those pictures are amazing! I'd say dealing with the bugs was worth it, but then I wasn't the one dealing with the bugs! ;)

YAY for football starting! I've been bitten by the baseball bug up here, but football with always be my first love.

Robin said...

Great sky shots! I started my "cub sweater" yesterday too, I had the blue, but no light grey...so it's a trip to the yarn store for me!

Buck said...

I agree...great sky pics, especially the sunburst. But as for "paying the price..." dunno about that.

Would you believe I haven't seen a single mosquito yet (this year)? S'true.

Becky G said...

Cindy, glad to see you are back. I hope your MIL is doing better. I got confused on the question about the elbow joint. I learned that it is a hinge type joint, only that wasn't one of the responses. I hope Slider continues to eat...fingers crossed.

Lou, I don't know if I could pass a grammar quiz after this much time has passed. I was surprised I did so well on the science quiz. Thank you for the compliment on my pics.

Thank you Sus. If the pictures were amazing, the sky iself was 100 times more so. I just wish I coud have captured the true beauty of it.

Robin, I thought about buying the correct colors, but I am in the process of destashing and decided to just use what I already had.

Buck, looking back, yeah it was worth it. No, I don't believe that! With all the rain we've had this year, we have a bumper crop of mosquitoes. I'll send you some if you want them. *snicker snicker*

Mathieu said...

Incredible picture!

And smart dog :D

you amaze me. I don't understang a thing about knitting or crocheting or worse, the difference between the two...

:S:S

Buck said...

...we have a bumper crop of mosquitoes. I'll send you some if you want them. *snicker snicker*

That's OK. I'm doing just FINE without them, thankyouverymuch. ;-)