Saturday, August 04, 2007

Friday

As I was sitting at my computer attempting to compose a thoughtful and insightful post that wouldn't bore you to tears, the electricity went out, and stayed out until after I had gone to bed.

The lights were out. I had no computer, no TV, no a/c. Not even a radio.

Just a single candle to keep from cursing the darkness.

Naturally, I did the only thing I could do when I can't see. I knit.

When I got tired of knitting--and sweating--in silence, I went to bed.

I had wanted to post something about the tragedy up in Minneapolis, but bridges--specifically collapsing bridges--haunted my childhood nightmares for many a year, and I found that I just didn't have it in me. Maybe later.

2 comments:

Buck said...

How long was the power out? Losing the AC was probably the worst, given the time of year, and all.

Becky G said...

It was out roughly 2 to 2 1/2 hours. I briefly considered opening the windows, but it never got hotter inside than it was outside.

I think for me the hardest thing was the silence. Cody was spending the night with someone, so it was just me and the dogs.