Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday Sky

Do you see it?
Do you see that wetness on my back steps? That, kids, is called rain. It's the first we've seen of such in at least a month. It actually rained a good bit. Not a heavy rain, but hopefully enough to perk the cotton up.



The sky looked like this when I let the dogs out this evening. Just that one little spot where the sun was trying to break through. As usual, my pitiful little point and shoot didn't even come close to capturing the beauty of this moment.

Because of the rain, most of today--like most of the last several days--has been spent watching House reruns in anticipation of the season three DVD release on Tuesday.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go clear a space on the shelf...

3 comments:

Sus said...

Our skies were very simiilar this week. Only its kinda cold here. (I just *had* to say that ::grin::)
Oh, don't you love an entire day of episodes of a television series you love? Well, and knitting, of course. That is the *best*. I hope you enjoyed it and I wish you many lovely hours knitting in front of the new DVDs.

Buck said...

As usual, my pitiful little point and shoot didn't even come close to capturing the beauty of this moment.

Close enough, I think. It's subtle, yet beautiful.

Oh, and Sus? You could have gone the rest of the entire month without making that "cold" comment. As I sit here sweating, while doing nothing more energetic than tapping on the keyboard...

;-)

Becky G said...

Thsnk you Sus.

Buck, the rain did cool things off here, too. It's down to the mid 90s. Beats the mid 100s anyday!