Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Into the EEK! Zone



Ok, we've gone past bad. We've gone beyond worse. We are now into the EEK! zone. Now, I know some of you may be thinking, "Those temps aren't so bad." Maybe not, but it's the humidity that's gonna kill you. Current conditions: 85', 66% humidity, heat index of 95'--9:30 PM. Heavy sigh...

Now for a bit of cool news! Ok, bad pun, but anyway...

The charity that I named a while back now has their website up and running! They are still working on it, but it's there. Click on the image to get there.

In honor of the website launch, I've started a scarf to donate to the charity. Oddly appropriate, I'm using some of the yarn that I won for suggesting the winning name.

You know, doing that feels so much better when it is my choice. When I think, "I won this yarn in this contest. I think it would be nice to give it back as a scarf." Quite a difference from being ordered to knit the contest yarn into something for that particular charity.

Our new lady black belt didn't come back to class tonight. Maybe we scared her off. We did have two new male students join, though. One of them, John, actually started with me nearly 5 years ago, but quit after only a month or two. I don't know why, and I didn't pry, but he is back to try again.

I think half the town has decided to mow hay today. My Allegra is good, but even it cannot overcome that much grass cutting.

Mowing The Lawn


3 comments:

Sus said...

Oh no! I hope you can keep cool! That's so cool that you named a charity. If I ever manage to start charity knitting/crocheting I'll have to definitely look into that one.

Buck said...

Eek, indeed. I don't envy you, Becky.

Becky G said...

I just hope the electricity stays on!