Thursday, August 09, 2007

No Teeth

Got two teeth pulled this morning. It was over pretty fast. I had two teeth pulled when I was 19 and it took two hours--but then, they had begun to turn sideways and had to be cut out. Today it took about 10 minutes. I didn't even use any gas or anything. He just numbed me with Novocaine and used a big pliers looking thing to yank the tooth on my right side out. The one on my left took a bit more as one of the roots was under my wisdom tooth. He had to take it out in pieces, but still didn't use a drill.

The most interesting part was to find me a pain killer that I can actually take. I am allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen, and the allergist cautioned me that people allergic to those two could also have a reaction to high doses of Tylenol. The dentist called my regular pharmacist and said that he couldn't think of anything that didn't have either of those medicines in it. The pharmacist said that he couldn't either, but he got on his computer and found something. I haven't taken any of it yet, though, as regular Tylenol is bringing my pain down to tolerable levels. I'm really not in that much pain. I've just wanted to sleep all day.

Football has started! Dallas and Indy are playing in their first pre-season game right now. I wanted to watch it, but it is on a channel we don't get too clearly. I'm following it online, though, and right now Dallas is winning. I told Cody that these pre-season games don't really count. They just give the coaches a chance to watch their players and make whatever changes to the rosters they feel are necessary. Still and all, you do want your team to win...

Even if you aren't a knitter, surely you can appreciate the Yarn Harlot's plight in this post.




Today's Pic: The start of school. The start of football. Hay bales in the fields. Fall is in the air. I just wish the temps would get a clue! August 9, 2007--The pasture behind my house, and the reason I couldn't breathe two days ago.

5 comments:

Sus said...

Glad you're feeling okay. I hope you get to sleep as much as you need to.

My Broncos don't play until Monday night -- I hate waiting so long! I just realized that we play each other on Aug. 18th, at your house. I hope it's a good game! I'm just so excited for football!

Bag Blog said...

Life goes faster and faster. I don't think I am ready for summer to be over just yet.

Buck said...

I'm glad you're not in too much pain, Becky, and that the pain is manageable. That's a Good Thing!

Unh-unh. Don't SAY it! Fall ain't in the air! The trees are still green, it's hotter than Hades, and there's still at least ONE more road trip on the agenda. And that TRUE harbinger of Fall... hockey training camp... ain't even close.

(Pro) Football? Pbbbttt!

;-)

Anonymous said...

Don't like dentists myself, so I won't comment much except to say hope you are feeling OK.

Gorgeous picture though - outstanding composition; intriguing subject that I've been wanting to photograph myself. Someday I'll find the right setting. Great job!

Becky G said...

Sus, August 18th hmmm? What kind of virtual party you wanna have?

Lou, I agree that life goes faster and faster, but fall has always been my favorite season. I can't wait for it to get here.

Buck, thanks. Your comment reminded me that one day soon, I am planning on writing a post about sports that just don't move me. Hockey being one of them. Golf, tennis, basketball, and curling are also on the list...

Thank you Kris for the comment on my photo. I almost majored in photography, but my dad talked me out of it. He said I'd end up doing studio portraits to make a living. Still, sometimes I wish I had majored in photography, or in art.