Friday, August 10, 2007

Up Late

Yes, I know I am up late, but I was so close to finishing the first Jaywalker sock, that I had to stay up. Though this was not a difficult knit, it seemed to take forever to get through this sock. First, there was the error I discovered and had to rip back about half way, then for some reason the gussets really gave me a hard time. I kept having to tink back two or three rows to correct something. They still aren't right, but they are going to stay that way.

I've also made progress on my Cubs for Kids project. I finished the sleeves and the collar today. Now all that remains is to sew it all together and weave in the ends. I have enough yarn left to make a hat as well, and maybe a scarf. A short scarf.



In local news, it has been so hot lately,

that yesterday a chancery court judge ordered a ban on all outdoor activities at public schools between the hours of 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM. The ban covered schools in 6 counties, of which ours was one of them. Today the State Supreme Court struck down the ban, saying that the judge had no legal basis for enacting it. I have to agree with the court on this one. The judge may have meant well, he can't just "make up" a law like that.

It is hot, though. It is so hot that I'm not even letting my dogs out for more than 15 minutes at a time. They don't like it, but it's the law. Mom's law, that is.


Today's Pic: More hay bales. Taken yesterday.

No comments: