Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Kids Say...


My uncle used to have a watch donkey. Yes, you read that right. He had a watch donkey. He kept it with his goat herd to protect them from coyotes. My cousin Jennifer named the donkey Gabriel, because she said, "He sure can blow his horn."

Every time we went for a visit, Cody had to ride the donkey. This picture was taken in December 1996. Cody had just turned three. He wasn't really big enough to ride by himself, so my uncle would lead the donkey while Cody rode. After a bit, he decided he was ready to get down, so down he came. But then, he decided I needed to ride.

"You get on, Mama, " he said, "and I'll pull you around."

4 comments:

Sus said...

Now *that* would have been a heck of a picture! LOL

Bag Blog said...

I want a guard donkey.

Buck said...

Cute pic! And I agree with Sus, too...

;-)

Becky G said...

Lou, a guard donkey is good to have. While my uncle had Gabriel (who has since died), he didn't lose a single goat to coyotes.

Sus and Buck, now why didn't I think of that?