Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday Is For

socks and skies! But first things first. Cody is back from his trip, and he has a tan! I think he grew a foot as well. I almost didn't recognize him.


Now, on to business.

It's time for my weekly Summer of Socks update. I decided that I would do a weekly summary of all my sock knitting activity each Saturday while SOS is going on. Of course, if I finish anything during the week, I'll post about it then, also.

First off, my BBS:

They've gotten a little longer since last week. The leg now measures 10", so I only have 2 1/2" to go before I start the heel. Since they will be my KAL Within A KAL for July, I hope to get some progress on them over then next few weeks. Still, 2 x 2 ribbing in black yarn can get tedious.


The bubble wrap socks:


They are coming along nicely. I've got the first one finished, and am on the gusset decreases of the second sock. These are going really fast.

Finally, the Jaywalker:

Also known as the Fiesta sock--thanks to Sus. I haven't worked too much on it. This is my first official SOS sock. The others I had started previously, but I've seen other knitters who are using previously begun socks for SOS. I don't suppose it matters in my case. I'm a lot slower than many other knitters who are involved. A lot of them have already completed a pair or even two. I haven't finished a sock yet!



Not to sound braggadocious, but I rather like the way this picture turned out. I love that you can see the sunbeams shining down through the higher cloud on the left. Not long after I took this picture, the sky clouded over and it began to rain. It's been overcast since then.


Gratuitous puppy picture:



It seems Rylea would rather eat Katie's food than her own.


Speaking of food, we had a minor tragedy a couple of days ago. B and J's upright freezer went out. That's where I was storing all my snakes' food. Now my little bitty freezer on top of my refrigerator is stuffed with rats and mice. Most of my snakes don't eat but once every two weeks, so it'll be a while before I buy any more frozen pizzas.

Rat Rat Rat

1 comment:

Sus said...

The Bubblewrap socks look awesome in that yarn! I've been eyeing that pattern -- well, along with about a dozen others. LOL! Your Summer of Socks seems to be coming along nicely!

LOVE your sky pic! Really great. And just how cute is puppy? Adorable! You can post gratuitous puppy pictures any time -- I won't mind at all. :)