Thursday, June 07, 2007

Inspiration

There will always be evil in the world. And where there is evil, there will always be good men and women to stand up to it. Those men and women will always need socks. However, 14 inches of jet black 2 x 2 ribbing can get a bit tedious. When it does, I kind of need something to remind me why I do what I do. These songs have been a great help to keep me going. They are all country music songs, and even if you don't like country music, you at least have to listen to American Soldier, by Toby Keith. If anyone can point me to a better soldier song, I'd sure love to hear it.

They Also Serve --John Conlee

50,000 Names --George Jones

Eighth of November--Big and Rich

God Bless the USA --Lee Greenwood

Where Were You? --Alan Jackson

Have You Forgotten? --Darryl Worley

Where The Stars And Stripes and The Eagles Fly --Aaron Tippin

Courtesy of The Red, White, and Blue--Toby Keith

Letters From Home--John Michael Montgomery

I Just Came Back From A War --Darryl Worley

American Soldier-- Toby Keith

Some Gave All --Billy Ray Cyrus

Arlington--Trace Atkins

Big Black Socks average 40,000 stitches per pair, each one saying I will never forget.
*
*

2 comments:

Mauren Mureaux said...

Yep. That ribbing is a bear. That's why i knit a leisure sock or some other sock for me at the same time and switch back and forth.

My yarns arrived yesterday, thankies!! ;)

Becky G said...

I actually have 6 pairs of socks OTN at this moment, plus half a dishcloth, two scarves, and a prayer shawl. Ok, three scarves, but one is done except for binding off and weaving in the ends. Even with taking breaks from it, 14" of ribbing can be a bit tedious.