Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Brevity

Ya know how I was going to go to bed early last night because I was really sleepy? Well turns out some yahoo played really loud music until well after 1:00 AM. So today, I've been running on about 3 hours sleep. I'm not sure I could post coherently if I tried. Case in point, I had to type the word turns above 4 times to get it right.

I'd seriously thought about skipping karate tonight, but Cody really wants to go. He hasn't been in a while, because he was at his grandma's all last week. I know I've been promising a karate update, and I'll get to it soon. Sensei has been sick lately, too. He said he had an ultrasound, and his pancreas is enlarged. I asked him what his blood sugar was, and he said it was 180 when they checked it. We talked a little more, and from the symptoms he described, he could be in the early stages of Type II diabetes. He said his dad has it, but it doesn't really run in his family. Y'all keep him in your prayers, please.




Today's pic: Purple weeds. I don't know what they are, but when they cover an entire field, it gives the whole thing a lovely lavender cast.

Flowers Flowers Flowers

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I have been trying to catch up on my blog reading. We have had an abundance of wild flowers this year thanks to the rain. I do not know what your purple flowers are, but we have had lots of vetch which makes a purple flower - great cattle feed.

Buck said...

Lou sez: We have had an abundance of wild flowers this year thanks to the rain.

Same here. And I've been meaning to get out and shoot some of the wild flowers before they get away. They don't last long at all. Which is part of their charm and beauty, I suppose.

Nice shot, Becky!