Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Conversations

While doing our cleanup getting ready to leave for the day:
Twenty year old guy: I'm coming home with you.
Me: I don't think so
Twenty year old guy: Yeah, I'm coming home with you.
Me: No, you're not.
Twenty year old guy: Yes, I am.
Me: What would your wife say?
Twenty year old guy: Oh...
Twenty year old guy: Well, if I wasn't married, could I come home with you?
Me: No.
Twenty year old guy: You mean I couldn't come home with you even if I was single?
Me: The only way you're coming home with me is if you come with the intentions of cutting my grass.
Twenty year old guy: Awww, you got an old man to do that.
Me: No I don't.
Twenty year old guy: You're not married?
Me: No
Twenty year old guy: I thought you was married.


In the bathroom at work:
Sue: Becky, do you think you'll ever get married again?
Lady in Bathroom: She's already married.
Me: No, I'm not.
Lady in Bathroom: Really? All this time I thought you were married.


Near my brazing stand:
Kenny: What does your husband do?
Me: I'm not married.
Kenny: You aren't? I thought you were married!

At church:
Lady: Where does Becky's husband work?
My cousin: Becky's not married.
Lady: Then who is that man she comes to church with?
(Note: This one has me completely flummoxed, as I usually sit by myself or with Cody at church....)

Now, with the exception of the Twenty Year Old Guy, I've known all these people for years--some of them 10 years or more. Below is a picture of my left hand. Note the conspicuous absence of any ring-like objects. Note the absence of tan lines suggesting that ring like objects may have been recently worn. (Note the absence of anything resembling a tan at all--but that's another subject all together.)



Beats me why everyone automatically assumes I'm married. Maybe I should staple a sign to my forhead: Single and available! Roll

Slight change of subject:

Brad Paisley has the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen:

While Josh Turner is just an all over cutie-pie:

Oh, to be young and in love again...


Beating Heart


3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Maybe you seem married because you take such good care of yourself and Cody - you are not exactly a needy woman. Somewhere there is a man who needs a woman who can meet his needs and not be intimidated by your strength.

Bag Blog said...

Since you are talking about being young and in love I thought I would share this with you (I could not post it on my blog without getting in trouble). When Jes and her friends went to the baseball game in OK City on Sunday, it happened to be "Navy week". They had their picture taken with a couple of officers. The officers were great sports about it. The girls said there were Navy men everywhere. They had a great time looking and drooling.

Becky G said...

Lou, thank you for pointing that out. Maybe if I seem more needy, people will stop assuming I am married. Just joking there...I can't be anything other than what I am. If a man can't handle a strong, intelligent woman who hates to shop--especially for clothes--and loves football...his loss. :-)

About the Navy week...now, that's a kind of window shopping I could get in to! Are you going to post any pictures?