Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Conversation with Dex

Me: How you doing, Dex?

Dex: I'm doing alright, Becky.

Me: Did I already ask you that today?

Dex: Yeah, but you know, it never hurts to ask again.

Me: I'm sorry. Johnny has me part staging today and these people have my brain all scrambled.

Dex: You're part staging?

Me: Yeah. I've been part staging ever since Dian fell out that day. If Johnny keeps putting me over there, I'm going to ask for part stager's pay.

Dex: It sure won't hurt to ask.

Me: It never hurts to ask. The worst they can do is say 'no'."

Dex: We're used to hearing them say 'no' around here, aren't we?

Me: Not me. I'm used to hearing them say 'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can't believe you asked such a stupid question!!!!!'"

I'm glad I could make Dexter laugh. He needed it.

His momma was murdered last week.
*
*

5 comments:

Sus said...

I'm sending you many "funny" vibes in hopes that you can continue to make Dex laugh. And warm fuzzies to him.

Buck said...

Wow. Your last line is certainly a shocker.

All the best to Dexter.

Unknown said...

OMIGOD. That's horrible about Dex's mom! You're a good friend to try to bring him some smiles. Keep it up, and remind him there's still good reasons to live in this senseless world.

Becky G said...

Thanks, y'all. This has been a rough time for Dexter, and it has been rough on those of us who care about him too. We were all shocked when we heard the news.

They have caught the guy who did it. It was Dexter's sister's ex boyfriend. He killed their mother, then kidnapped and raped the sister. He had taken the sister's two kids also, but I think they were unharmed. He has been indicted and is in jail now, awaiting trial.

Bag Blog said...

Wow, I had the same reaction as Buck - shock. My heart goes out to Dex.