Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Colds

I still have this cold. I don't feel as bad as I did yesterday, and I'm not running any more fever. I'm just still clogged up, so the post will be brief.

Black belt class last night was great. I was the only one there. Blake, purple belt, asked if he could stay as well. Sensei said he'd leave that up to me, so I said he could, for more reason than one. I don't like to be alone in the dojo with sensei. It's not that I don't trust him. It's the rumor mill I don't trust. I've been falsely accused enough times that now I prefer to err on the side of caution.

No pictures today, no sketches today, nothing interesting of any sort. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

5 comments:

Lizzie Woolley said...

Colds don't come with fevers.

Falsely accused of what?

Becky G said...

Colds don't come with fevers.

Colds are caused by viral infections of the upper airways or the sinuses. Viral infections do have the capability to cause fevers, therefore, colds come with fevers.

Falsely accused of what?

Think about it.

Sus said...

You go, girl, with your science and all! ;)

Hope you feel better soon!

Lizzie Woolley said...

Sorry, I thought that colds never come with fevers. They don't with mine. There is a pamphlet at school that tells the differences between a cold and the flu. I said that having a fever with a cold is rare among adults; however, more common in children.

You are falsely accused because you "like" your Sensei? I don't know. I'm dense. Help me out here.

Becky G said...

Cold--at least in the local vernacular--is a general term describing a wide variety of sinus or upper respiratory infections. While they may generally not come with fevers, depending on which virus infected you, they can come with fevers.

Funny thing about the flu, what most people call the flu isn't actually caused by the influenza virus.