Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Back By Popular Demand

OK so one person asked to see them, but hey, I'm obliging. Here are the socks dyed bright pink.



I wore them today, and noticed that one side took the dye better than the other. So as soon as I got home, I put them into another dye bath. Then I forgot about them. For 4 hours. They should be really bright now!

The main focus today was a follow up visit to the allergist. But after that, I did a little shopping. I found the mall, but it was mostly clothes stores. There wasn't even a book store or a pet store in it. I told Cody that he wouldn't have enjoyed that anyway.

BUT...just up the road from the mall, I found a lot of good stores: Best Buy, Circuit City, TJ Maxx, and the like. There was also a Barnes and Noble's. Cody has been collecting the A Series of Unfortunate Events books, and the only one he doesn't have is #2, The Reptile Room. Guess which book was the ONLY one they didn't have in stock. That's right. The Reptile Room. I looked and looked for something else I thought he might like, but the ones I found, he already has. So I bought him a hardcover sketchbook instead. He was very pleased with it. He said it will only be for the best sketches.

I bought myself two Yarn Harlot books, the newest one, and one of the older ones. I also went back to the yarn store and bought three skeins of sock yarn. I'd been wanting to get some yarn with cotton, because I just can't wear wool socks to work. The two on either side are cotton blends. The one in the middle is wool/bamboo blend. I got it because I liked the color.


I stayed consistent with my Stashalong goals, and only bought three balls, though I was tempted by many.

OK, words aren't flowing as eloquently as I'd like, so I'll leave it here. Just one more thing before I go.

Cody can wiggle his ears. I asked him how he did that, and he said, "I don't know. I just do it." The only other person I know who can wiggle his ears gave me the exact same answer. I guess that's one of those things you can either do or you can't. I've always wanted to be able to wiggle my ears, but I can't.

But then again, I've always wanted pointy ears, too.

7 comments:

Sus said...

For the record, I didn't ask to see the socks after you dyed them pink only because I thought that it was obvious that you would. ;)

I, too, can wiggle my ears -- or more accurately, I can wiggle one ear. I can sort of wiggle the other one, but not nearly as well. I just kind of discovered it one day and developed it from there. But, then, I can also move my eyes independently of one another, so maybe I'm just some freak of nature. LOL!

Perpetual Beginner said...

Nice socks! Can we find you in the dark now?

I gather that there's a muscle responsible for ear-wiggling that's present in some people and not in others. If you have it, you can wiggle your ears; if not you can't. So asking Cody how he wiggles his ears would be akin to asking you how you wiggle your finger. The muscle is there, you move it!

Buck said...

Wow, those socks are PINK!!

Becky G said...

Cindy, I think so. I should be visible from a mile away, even in the dark.

Buck, yeah!!!!

frotoe said...

wow they make yarn with bamboo?
I like those colors-really pretty

Bag Blog said...

I love the pink!

I am catching up on my house cleaning, but behind in my blog reading. Tell Cody that his sketches are really good. I, too, recently bought a hardcover sketch book. I understand the feeling of only wanting your best sketches in it, but don't let that hold you back from sketching. I have actually had students who would rather not start something for fear that it would not be "great". Sometimes, like our blogs, our sketches are a representation of our lives - a journal - and sometimes things are not perfect.

Anonymous said...

Those are really pink. I like the shape of the socks.