Thursday, April 26, 2007

Wierd Things People Do

Gis have always been a problem for women. Most gis are made to fit the male body, and just don't fit women well. Century has recently come out with a new women's gi, and I have decided to try it out. It's kind of expensive, so I'm ordering the pants first, then later on I'll order the top.

The problem arose when I realized they are not sized like the regular student gis sensei usually orders for us. They are sized as S, M, L, and XL, but I don't know how that relates to the 0, 1, 2, 3, etc of the student gis. I know I wear a 3 in student sizes. There was a chart in the catalog that gave the corresponding measurements in inches to the sizes of the women's gis.

The further problem arose when I realized I don't know my measurements. "You wouldn't happen to have a measuring tape, would you?" I asked sensei. Nope, he didn't .

"Oh, wait, I do have one in the car!" I remembered.

I measured myself in the dojo bathroom to get my correct gi size--with my Stanley Power Lock 12' tape measure.

Well, it worked...
*
*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be interested to hear what you think about it. You ought to contact Century and see if they'll comp you one for a review on your site!

Becky G said...

I will surely let you know. They should be in next week.