Saturday, April 07, 2007

Semi-Wasted Day

I woke up this morning thinking it was Sunday. Easter Sunday, and I didn't have a thing to wear. I couldn't wear my spring clothes because it had turned cold during the night and I would freeze. Cody would wear his new suit, of course, so he was set, but what would I wear? As I lay in bed and pondered my dilemma, wondering where the weekend went, it slowly dawned on me that it was not Sunday after all. It was only Saturday, and I still had my weekend. Whew!

I'd been hearing advertisements on the radio about a new pet store in the next town down the road, so we decided to drive over there and see. It was a major disappointment. First off, it wasn't even open. There was a tiny, handwritten note on the door which said, "I can be reach (yes, just like that) at ###-####", but the door was locked. I peered in the windows and figured it was all for the best anyway. The "pet store" consisted of two or three aquariums and a few random cages scattered about on the floor. Very few supplies or anything. There weren't even any racks or shelves. Just stuff in piles on the floor and the single table in the room. Very disappointing.

I'd brought my camera, so on the way home, I handed it to Cody and instructed him to take interesting pictures. Here are a few of what he came up with--including his very own :





I was dumbfounded when I saw this trailer house. Could it be that someone actually thinks that is pretty?

I love these old dirt roads that lead off into nowhere. Makes me want to see what's at the end of them.
A swamp in the Mississippi Delta.

I also finished my April dishcloth.

And finally, in the spirit of Easter:


Happy Easter to everyone!
*
*

3 comments:

Buck said...

Happy Easter, Becky!

Becky G said...

Thank you, Buck, and Happy Easter to you, too!

Bag Blog said...

I like the swamp picture best. Happy B-lated Easter.