Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Minor Tragedy

I discovered today that my wavy lace shawl, Number 3 in my Stashalong Goals had somehow gotten fruit punch spilled on it. Ok, Cody did it. I don't drink fruit punch.

But that is beside the point. The point is that despite my best efforts with washing it, my shawl now has large pink blotches on it, and they won't go away. What happens now is that instead of trying to dye the shawl and the remaining 4 balls of wool the exact same shade of pink--which I don't really think would fit my vision of what this shawl was meant to be--the shawl will get frogged*, the splotchy wool will get dyed as hanks, then it will be reknit into something else at a later date. Maybe I'll do a felted bowl or something. Those look fun. I will replace the shawl with another stash project.


With that change, my list now looks like this:

1. Prayer Shawl
2. Irish Hiking Scarf
3. Wavy Lace Shawl--replaced with Grey Scarf From Unknown Wool Blend
4. Red Heart Strata Scarf
5. Branching Out Lace Scarf
6. Texas Longhorn Scarf
7. First Time Socks
8. Socks using Magic Loop
9. Socks on DPNs using Knit Picks yarn
10. Socks from Red Heart Strata

I had originally planned on replacing my Red Heart Socks with another project, but I decided against it. If I keep adding new projects to the list in place of the ones I finish, I'll never be able to buy yarn. That doesn't mean I can't start anything else. It just means I still can't buy yarn until I've finished this list.

I have to go back to work tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm feeling much better, but I have no energy. If I'd had a desk job somewhere, I'd have gone back today. But since I have to stand on my feet all day in an oven hot factory, I just didn't feel up to it this morning. I did a little bit of housework, and kept having to stop and rest. The simplest tasks wore me out. Well, we'll see how it goes tomorrow. If I need to, I'll come home at lunch.


* Frog--rip it, rip it
*

No comments: