Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Second And Final Logo Idea




I'd had about 4 or 5 more ideas on logos, but I got an e-mail today informing me that she did not want me "announcing to the world" that I'd been "chosen" to "do the logo", therefore I was not to post the sketches on my blog. Frankly, that just made me mad. I never announced to the world anything. I just volunteered to submit ideas. That's right, I volunteered to do it for free. I wasn't going to get paid a dime for this. Now, she is slapping me down for posting my sketches on my blog. Nobody tells me what I can and cannot post on my blog. It's not like it's copyrighted material or anything, and even if I was I own the copyright on it anyway. I can do whatever I *&^% well please with my own work. The part that really gets me is that according to Site Meter, she hasn't even visited my blog to see what I have up here! She is just making assumptions--slapping me down based on unfounded assumptions!

Not only that, when I volunteer to do something--for free, mind you, I expected to be treated with a little more dignity, respect, and appreciation. So, starting tomorrow we will go back to the ordinary, everyday daily sketches, and my other ideas for the logo--which I thought were actually my best ones--will go unsketched and unpublished.

When people ask you to volunteer to help--for free, mind you--they shouldn't be so persnickety about how that help is presented, else they may run off all their volunteers.
*
*

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I ranted on my blog yesterday. It always makes me feel better to say it and hopefully poke fun at myself, but later I sometimes wish that I hadn't ranted. People probably think that I rant all of the time when in reality, I rarely rant out loud to anyone. I understand your rant and know that you are not a ranter, but just voicing some thoughts.

Becky G said...

but later I sometimes wish that I hadn't ranted.

Me, too. I really wish I hadn't ranted like that. You are right. I don't do that all the time. Here lately, more than one person seems to be trying to tell me what I can and cannot post on my blog. Poor Shelly was just the last straw, so she got the brunt of my ranting--not to her face, though. I'm glad I didn't e-mail her in that same ranting fashion or I'd really be ashamed of myself.