Thursday, February 22, 2007

Progress Reports Part II

Progress socially:

I got a really nice e-mail from Shelly last night. She acknowledged that of course I had the right to post my sketches on my blog, and would I please continue to submit ideas. She explained that her concern was that someone would get their feelings hurt by thinking that I'd already been chosen to do the logo. Once she actually visited my blog and realized that that was not what I was saying, she apologized. Yes, there were misunderstandings on both sides, and I really did over react a bit. In consideration for her feelings, I will offer a compromise in the form of a disclaimer with each logo idea. Onward to the...


This thing that looks like a large intestine is actually supposed to be a scarf. It looked a lot better in my imagination. Today was definitely an off day as far as sketching goes.

Disclaimer: Sketches presented are ideas only. The final logo and rendering artist have yet to be chosen.

Progress on Dishcloth KAL:

I finally finished it. I really like the way the colors pooled on this one. The yarn is Peaches and Creme something-or-other. I don't remember. I bought a cone of it on clearance several years ago and the band is long since gone back to the abyss from whence it came.

Progress on Prayer Shawl:

It's just over half way finished. The color is Red Heart Tropic Fruit. Remember the other day when I said I'd found a mistake that would not be ignored? Well, I ripped back, and corrected what I thought was the mistake and began knitting again. After about 4 rows, I realized that I'd stopped ripping one row short of where I needed to be. Yep, the mistake was still there. I ripped back again, far enough this time, and corrected the actual mistake, then began knitting once more. So, despite the fact that a lot of knitting has been going on, not much progress has been made. But it's a pretty color...

Progress in school? Cody got two failure notices sent home yesterday. One was only a D-. The other one was an F. How is that progress? Well, since the last progress report--the one in which he had 9 zeroes in that class--he has gotten all 100s and one 90. If he would just do his work, all his grades would look like that. I think he is getting tired of staring at the wall...

I had the strangest dream last night. I dreamed that it was pouring rain, so I had driven Cody to school. I got back home, only it wasn't my house. In my dream, I was living in the house my aunt and uncle lived in when I was a child. They moved out of it some 20 years ago. About the time I got inside, I looked out the glass patio doors and it began to snow. It was snowing the biggest, wettest snowflakes I'd ever seen. I mean, these flakes were about the size of an old silver dollar. That is all I remember of the dream...

When I woke up, this is the sight that greeted me as the sun came up:


All those black specks in the tree are birds. They migrate down here this time of year and fly in huge flocks. They can cover an entire yard and blacken the sky. They chirp constantly. I've even heard them make so much noise that they drowned out my TV. The sound that I thought was rain this morning was them. Sorry for the poor picture quality. The sun wasn't fully up yet.

Tomorrow is another plant shutdown day, but Johnny volunteered me to come in and do a mini-inventory. He is going to bring biscuits. See, he's not all bad...

*

*

1 comment:

Sus said...

Glad you got the logo thing straightened out. Discord like that is never any fun. And hobbies are supposed to be *fun* (even when they're done for charity which can be very serious business)!! I like the scarf-heart a lot. I see what you mean about intestines, but the idea is really good -- I know you can straighten out the details. It's my favorite idea so far. And my opinion is *vital*, obviously. ;)