Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Progress Reports

Cody is still grounded. They brought home progress reports today, and he was hoping to be ungrounded completely. I had partially ungrounded him when he brought home his report card, because his grades did come up some. While his grades are still slowly improving, he had way too many zeros to be completely ungrounded. He fussed and sulked, but I told him he is lucky he didn't get completely re grounded because of all the zeros. The only reason I didn't is because he did bring his grades up some. Well, some grades came up quite a bit, like algebra. He brought it up from a 54 to an 81.


And reporting another type of progress, on to Finger Cam day #3:

It is looking and feeling much better, and should be completely functional in just a couple more days. At least I hope so.

There is a lot of detail in a human ear--so much so that it is a daunting task to attempt to sketch one in 10 minutes. However, I was willing to give her a go, and this was the result.

Sensei is trying to get Barrett and Josh ready to test for their black belts in May. I wonder if he is going to get them ready or will he do them like he did me: "Go over in the corner and get yourself ready." James didn't come to class at all. I guess he still can't find the patches for his gi. Irony. I just love the irony of the situation. He is pouting because he didn't get his full black belt, yet if he'd been attending and working hard, he might have been able to test with Josh and Barrett. He's shooting himself in the foot with his sulking.

Whatever...maybe when Josh and Barrett get their shodans, sensei will finally start having the black belt class. I've talked to him several times about it. I've told him that it is really hard for me to stay after class to work on my black belt stuff, especially since he keeps moving the class to later and later. I don't know. It just makes me feel like he thinks I'm not important enough, so he's got to wait for somebody else so he can start the class. I mean, it's not like he's making an extra trip into town or anything. He's got the after school program and he's there every day anyway. I hate to sound like a whiner, but I want to continue growing in my own Martial arts. I want to learn and improve and develop my skill. In less than a year and a half, I'll be up for my ni-dan, and I'm nowhere near where I need to be.

Speaking of, I'm going to go run a few kata.

*

*

1 comment:

Buck said...

There is a lot of detail in a human ear--so much so that it is a daunting task to attempt to sketch one in 10 minutes.

Very true. But...ya done good!!

:-)