Friday, February 16, 2007

Male Menopause

You know those people who are just a joy to be around? The ones who give you warm fuzzies all over? The ones who make you feel better about yourself? The ones who spend a few minutes with you and make you feel like all is right with the world?

Johnny Lindley is not one of those people.

Johnny has been on an absolute tear these last two days. He's driving everyone crazy yelling, fussing, snarling...Even though he hasn't yelled at me personally, just being around him when he is like this is exhausting. Finally, Norma asked him, "What has been your problem these last few days?" I leaned over and answered her:

Male Menopause!

Johnny has always been rather moody. He could be all sugar and sweetness one day, and biting your head off the next. The thing that is so wearying is that you never know how he is going to react. You can ask him a question, and get an honest and helpful answer, or get your head bit off. But you just don't know. If I knew he was going to bite my head off every time, I could prepare for that. It's the not knowing that makes it so hard.

The last two days he has been in such a state that he's had everyone on edge. This morning he made Mary Ann cry he was so mean to her. That's nothing. Johny Lindley can drive a grown man to tears. I was walking around with no work, and Mary Ann called me over and asked me if I needed something to do. When I told her yes, she said, "Go find a broom handle and beat the $#!^ out of Johnny Lindley!"

Towards the end of the day, my shift supervisor walked by and I told him Johnny needs hormone replacement therapy. But he isn't going to do anything about him. Nobody ever does. As much as we complain, they aren't going to do a thing about him. Even the upper management acts like they are afraid of setting him off.



What I wish I could have thrown under Johnny's feet--a banana peel, the remains of my lunch.

1 comment:

Buck said...

Male Menopause!


Hmmmm. Maybe that's my problem!!

OTOH: Nah. I'm too old. Probably already been there, done that.