Monday, February 26, 2007

Look What I Got!

The yarn I won for the contest naming the charity got here today. The notice was actually in my mailbox Friday, but I didn't feel like going to the post office to pick it up. I went by and got it this morning when I left the doctor's office.

It includes 2 skeins Patons Divine Chantilly Rose, 5 skeins Patons Voodoo Night Sky, 4 balls Knit Witz Ombre #53, and 1 hank Showstopper #204. I just love that Patons Divine (that's the pink stuff, Buck). It is similar to the Bernat Haven I got for Christmas, but a whole lot softer. I may end up having to make something for *ahem* me with it. Shelly also promised additional goodies, and these are what she included:


2 balls Moda Dea Tutu Pear Green, 3 balls Moda Dea Tutu Geranium, and the nifty little book of bag patterns. Even though I am not really a bag person, I do see some patterns in that book that I like, and I see lots of gift ideas. There are even some drawstring type bags that I can do in guy colors for the boys.

So I did go to the doctor this morning, and I have bronchitis. I could have told you that, but since I can't write my own prescriptions out...well, you know. He gave me an antibiotic, told me to get plenty of rest, fluids, take a couple of days off work, etc. etc...I'm a little paranoid about my lungs. I've had pneumonia twice, and the second time was from a case of bronchitis that I let go for too long. The first time I got pneumonia, I was 11, and it hit me out of nowhere like a ton of bricks. I was outside playing freeze tag with the kids on my street. I was fine then. My mother called me in to take a bath, and before I was finished, my fever was so high that I could not get warm. I don't even remember what my fever was. I went straight from the tub into the bed and my mother brought every blanket in the house to put on me and I still couldn't get warm. The next morning, she took me to the doctor and I ended up in an oxygen tent in the hospital for 8 days getting penicillin shots twice a day. I remember it all so vividly. My lungs haven't been the same since, but I still feel lucky.

If I'd been born 100 years before I was, I'd have died.
*
*

3 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

I've made several bags from that book - they've all turned out well. In particular I made the felted backpack from some homespun wool, and it turned out gorgeous.

Hope you're feeling better soon. My MIL gets bronchitis at the drop of a hat and it sucks eggs.

Bag Blog said...

I am behind on my blog reading because I have been sick too. I doubt I have anything too serious other than a sore throat and fever, but I feel pretty yuck. Although, pampering is not my strong point, there is just something about having your mom around when you are sick. Toby has done a pretty good job. I hope Cody is treating you with sympathy.

If you get as excited about yarn as I do art supplies, I would bet you are just squealing and rubbing your hands together with anticipation.

Get well soon.

Buck said...

It includes 2 skeins Patons Divine Chantilly Rose, 5 skeins Patons Voodoo Night Sky, 4 balls Knit Witz...

All well and good, but is it natural or acrylic?

:-)

I hope the drugs work, Becky. Being sick is NO fun.