Friday, February 02, 2007

And a Little Bit of That

I ended up working almost a full day today--7 hours. Way better than 0 hours. The bad part is that we did cleanup all day, and I am so tired. Cleaning is hard work. I definitely earned my pay today.


Strange thing this morning. When I got up to leave for work, I opened the door and there was this strange white stuff all over everything.



It covered the grass


and the wood pile.
It was even on Jimmy.
I couldn't figure it out. I thought maybe there'd been a forest fire and everything was covered with ashes, but there weren't any fires around here last night. Then I thought, may be ash from a volcanic erup....what?...huh?....



SNOW??? What the heck is that?

Sure enough, we'd gotten a bit of snow during the night. Now I know to some of you, this may not seem like much, but this is the most snow we've gotten this millennium. Cody was upset because the schools didn't close. And it all melted as soon as the sun came up.


Oh, well. That was winter, despite what the local groundhog forecast.


Today's dishcloth rows leave little doubt as to what the pattern will be. Rows of hearts--my guess is three rows of three hearts. We'll see if I'm right.




Ok, that's cheating I know. I've seen this pattern before, and know what it will be.

I've decided to alter my WIP list and remove the monthly dishcloth from it. I'll split #9 into two separate numbers, since it is two separate pairs of socks. One pair is almost done. I'll finish it this weekend, then have pictures for you.

*

*

5 comments:

Buck said...

Snow? You call that snow? Oh, you Suthern Gals...

:-)

Bag Blog said...

We have been getting a few dustings of that same white stuff - thick rain. It has been COLD here, and I am tired of it. I hope Feb. gets better or I may have to go to Mexico.

Becky G said...

Snow? You call that snow? Oh, you Suthern Gals...

Yeah, and you should see us all out trying to make snowmen out of it. ;) Or better yet, everyone rushing to Wal-mart to stock up on the three Bs--bread, batteries, and bottled water.

Lou, it's been pretty cold here, too, as far as cold gets here. Highs in the 40s and lows in the 20s. I tend not to dress for the cold anyway. I go from a heated house, to a heated car, to a factory with the heat set to "inferno". Wal-mart is almost as bad, though they only have their heat set to "Hades."

I just keep thinking about my sister in Alaska.

Becky G said...

Oh, and I'm glad it's not ice...

Buck said...

Oh, and I'm glad it's not ice...

Really! Count your blessings! Nice and warm here today. Finally. Almost 60! Woo-Hoo!